Home Insurance Utility Line Expense Coverage
Utility lines run underground from your home to the public utility or a private system. A crack or weak spot in a utility line can lead to more extensive damage that can keep you from getting water, electricity, or power.
If a utility line is on your property, it’s not usually your municipality’s responsibility to get it repaired — it’s yours. Our utility line coverage can help cover reasonable and necessary expenses incurred for excavating, remediating, repairing, or restoring land or structures other than buildings. An example of one of our insurance company's pricing and coverages:
This coverage is just $30 a year!
This coverage can be used to protect your underground:
- Communication line (cable or internet)
- Electric line
- Gas line**
- Sewer line*
- Steam line
- Water line*
The coverage limit is up to $15,000 with a $500 deductible.
* With municipal connection only. Wells and septic are excluded.
** Excludes propane heating systems.
You could be protected against these perils:
- Bulging, rupture, bursting, or explosion
- Constriction or blockage
- Disconnection, separation, or detachment
- Electrical failure, including arcing
- Failure of pressure or vacuum equipment
- Implosion or collapse
- Mechanical failure
- Rust or corrosion
- Trees, shrubs, or plants
- Wear and tear, marring, or deterioration
Contact us for more information: Mark Tarpinian, firstname.lastname@example.org, 248-347-3525